Sunday, 28 November 2010

Welcome to couchsurfing

Hi,

For those stumbling upon this blog from a google keyword match, we encourage you to read on and to come back anytime to check out where we happen to be in the world. This is a travel blog telling the story of my girlfriend Sophie and I as we work, travel and couchsurf our way around Australia, New Zealand and Asia until the money runs out and we are forced to book that final, depressing flight. We'll be spending 7 or 8 months working in Adelaide before surfing New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, China and Hong Kong. Last month I won 1st prize in the STA Travel 'Where's Your Head At?' photo competition - a week long trip to Egypt - so we'll be sticking that on the end of our tour. If we've still got something left after that a mini tour of northern Africa would go down very well, but thats far to far away to be considering right now.

For those friends who are actually reading this - wow, thanks guys. We hope you enjoy.

But it's late and we have a flight tomorrow. We've been in Abu Dhabi for 3 days now and it's onto Singapore before returning to Australia in a week or so - stay tuned for our thoughts on the Emiratis, Grand Mosques and surviving some of the most dangerous pedestrian crossings in the world.

Jon

1 comment:

  1. The plan sounds simply amazing.
    And about the photo competition... well, I got an invitation as well, but if you are in the game there's no way I'll ever win. I am serious, mate... well done! ;-)

    ReplyDelete